See what I mean? I took this pic during her second viewing of Tangled of the day. I've said it many times before, but I always know that Cora is sick when I can take multiple pictures of her staying still. Being sick is especially hard on Sister because all she wants to do is love on her baby Sissy. I reminded her several times that she should not touch Sissy, but all Cora wants to do is share the love. At one point, she came to me in a panic wanting to wash her hands. After I helped her in the bathroom, she breathed a sigh of relief and told me, "Now I can touch Carys." It broke this momma's heart! Hopefully, she'll be feeling back to normal soon. She did pray about getting better. I think her exact words may have been something like the following:
Dear God,
Please help me feel better from my fever 'cuz it makes me mad!
In Jesus' name,
Amen
I had to giggle after I heard that. This is the first time I've ever heard her use the word mad when she's talking about herself. I know God will honor her three year old transparency.
Carys is my tired little one...or maybe I'm the tired little one! She has been undergoing some sleep training for the past few nights. Thursday night was pretty intense. But, it has gotten better each night. I've all but given up hope that sleeping through the night will happen any time soon. I just want her to go at least three hours between snacks as opposed to the one hour intervals that she has been trying for the past six weeks.
It's amazing to me that after a rough night, she still wakes up full of joy in the morning. I certainly do not wake up full of joy on any morning, much less when I've had a rough night before. Clearly, she gets this trait from her father! The neat thing to me is that Carys Anne means 'full of grace and love,' and so far, she seems to be the epitome of that. She is such a happy and engaging baby. It's pretty hard to be upset about a poor night's sleep when those beautiful, joyful blue eyes are looking up at you! Besides, one day I'll miss these sweet and non-so-sweet times. Even if the girls and I are a little sick and a little tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment