Tuesday, June 21, 2011

She Has a Future in Contract Negotiation

Cora spent the past 3 days at her Yiayia and Dado's house.  Originally, we were all going to trek up there so that Cora could go to the zoo and so that John and I would have some babysitting to go to a wedding on Sunday evening.  But, after a full week of teaching VBS all morning and teaching future teachers all evening, not to mention Carys's well-timed sleeping strike, this mama was wiped out!  Instead of all of us going to San Antonio, I thought it was time for me to cut the cord and allow Cora to spend some time on her own with the grandparents.  (And, I thought it was time for me to GET SOME SLEEP!!)  We met Yiayia and Dado at the halfway point, and both of us went home with one kid in the car.

Y'all, all weekend, it was the Cora show over at Yiayia and Dado's house.  The agenda items included:

  • blowing bubbles
  • going to the zoo
  • feeding the hungry birds
  • playing in the sprinklers
  • Chuck E. Cheese
  • riding the train
  • going to the zoo
  • playing ball
  • birthday cake and presents
  • Chick-Fila
  • art projects at the little art store
  • princess movies
  • the park
  • not to mention, all the goldfish, nuggets, cookies, macaroni and cheese, and waffles a girl could eat
You will notice that the zoo is on the list twice.  Yes, my friends, Cora managed to con her grandparents into taking her to the zoo two times in two days!  As they were riding the train in Brackenridge Park (which happens to swing right by the San Antonio Zoo), Cora got super excited and suggested that she might like to go there that day, too.  Turns out, Cora's excited suggestions are akin to kryptonite for the grandparents.  They ended up taking her to the zoo, again, AND purchasing her a souvenir!  I am in awe of her amazing powers!  

Cora and Yiayia are coming back in a little while, and though I'd like to report that she'll be detoxing from all the excitement, we have a full week of birthday celebrating to do!  I've enjoyed the quiet (and the ease of grocery shopping with only one kiddo!), but I'm ready to see my big girl again!  Thanks Yiayia and Dado for a fun weekend for Cora!

1 comment:

Susy said...

Oh my gosh! Props to you--I am not quite ready to take the plunge!!! Our cord is still fully attached and about 2 ft long! However, after a screaming episode at the library today, I nearly shipped her to her Hattie's! Sounds like Cora had a blast.

Related Posts with Thumbnails