I know in the grand scheme of things, this is not terribly long. Both of our parents are coming up on their 40th anniversaries. My grandparents are coming up on 62 years! Sometimes it seems like we've been married forever, but mostly it just seems like the time has flown by.
Seven years ago, I had no idea that I would have two sweet baby girls. I had no idea that we would travel across the US several times. I had no idea that I would still be living in the house we moved into when we got married. I had no idea that we would become more versed in home improvement than most DIYers. I had no idea that we would get the best dog in the world. I had no idea the absolute meaning of 'best friend.'
But, seven years ago, I did know that I was marrying my soulmate. I did know that I was marrying the man that I wanted to do all of the above things with - though I may not have known we would do them! I did know that I was marrying a man of honor, valor, and integrity - one who is not afraid to be chivalrous.
I love you, John! Here's to 70 more!
4 comments:
Happy Anniversary to a great couple!! I'll always remember your wedding day because I got in a fender bender while driving Daniel and Jason from the reception to the hotel :( Other than that, what a great day!!!
We are so proud of the choice you made for a mate and the loving relationship you are building. I agree - here's to 70 more!
Congrats you two!!! Have a great Anni!
Congrats!!
Post a Comment