Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Oh, the Momma Guilt

I should know better, I really should.  I'm not even a first time mom. . .sheesh!  So remember last week when I told you that sweet baby Carys was possibly allergic to pineapple.  Naturally I came to this conclusion after seeking out the expertise of the very knowledgeable Dr. Google.  After my extensive quick minute of research, I felt pretty confident in pronouncing this allergy. . .I mean, I did work in a medical school for 5 years!  According to my research, the offending material should be out of my milk in about 3 days.  So, when her face didn't clear up after a week, naturally, I again consulted with Dr. Google.  This time, I was certain that it was just a case of baby acne which would go away in a few weeks or worst case scenario, a couple of months.  Awesome!  I attacked the remaining pineapple in the fridge like I hadn't eaten in a year.  (Oh, sweet, sweet pineapple, how I missed your citrus-y deliciousness in my self-imposed pineapple fast!)  Well, that little bit of tasty indiscretion turned nasty pretty quick.  Of course, a few hours letter, sweet (innocent) Carys was covered with hives. . .this time not only on her face, but also on her chest and back.  (For shame, mommy!)
Look at that poor baby's face.  (Sidenote:  Isn't she adorable!  She's the cutest little hive covered baby I've ever seen!)  So, I can now say with a great degree of certainty that sweet baby girl is definitely allergic to pineapple.  Fortunately for this mommy's conscience, hives and gassiness are the main symptoms.  I am pretty sure I'm not going to make that mistake again!!

4 comments:

Mema said...

Poor baby. I'm sorry that something so delicious as pineapple causes such results. Give her a great big kiss from P-Pa and me.

Gauger Family said...

Poor baby girl. That's no fun. I guess you're done with pineapple for awhile :)

Kelli said...

I agree - she is the cutest baby even covered in hives! Bless her heart and yours!

Susy said...

Let's hope she is not allergic to Dr. Pepper or chocolate!

Related Posts with Thumbnails