So, Monday was Valentine's Day. And, since Mondays are John's day off, he got to spend the day with all of his Valentines. I told him earlier in the month that I did not want anything for Valentine's Day. (I'm not a huge fan of the holiday. I would rather have flowers or surprises on a day that is not sanctioned by the greeting card company. And, John is really good about little random surprises throughout the year!) But, I mentioned to him that it would be so nice if the girls' first Valentine's this year came from their first best guy, aka Daddy. And, of course, John did it up right. He got Cora's favorite party stuffs: balloons, crazy straws, and chocolate! When he went in to get her in the morning, she got a little bouquet of Valentine balloons. Then, at breakfast she got her card, chocolate and juice with the crazy straw. (My contribution as the homemade waffles - yum!)
Carys also got a card from Daddy. She wasn't much interested in any of the other stuff! hah!
We spent the rest of the day stroller shopping. Then, as a special treat, we lunched at one of our favorite 'fast' food restaurants, Maki. After nap time, we took Cora to a new park to run off some of her chocolate fueled energy.
And, finally, lest you think I was woefully neglected on Valentine's Day, don't you worry. John gave me the best gift an infant's mommy could ever hope for - the gift of a long nap! I hope all of you enjoyed your Valentine's Day, too!
4 comments:
I had a great Valentine's Day, too, that was topped off with a Skype visit with you and all of your "loves!"
What a nice day. Those waffles look really good! I will always take a nap over flower!! Heaven!!
Eli and I enjoyed Coco's pictures, however, Eli is requesting to see more pics of Baby "Tees"!
Oh and I am fwd-ing this to JW so maybe he will make Eli his valentine too!
Post a Comment