Cora is a little sponge right now! She seems to be picking up new words every day. Nothing like driving around with a little parrot in the backseat to make you clean up your act in the car {wink}! Not that I would ever say anything untoward about any other driver!! Anyway, here are some of the words she has picked up in the last week or so.
- shoe
- paci
- juice
- eye (usually while sticking her finger in mine!)
- nose
- mouth
- night-night
- cat
The really cool thing that we discovered this week is that she can follow some more complex commands. For example, I was in her nursery when I gave her a package of wipes and told her "Take the wipes to Dada." A few minutes later, I heard John say thank you. It was fabulous! I plan on having her ferry many things in the house from now on! She's learning how to put away her toys and will locate her shoes if asked. The funniest thing she does is her obsessive door closing. When I am in the kitchen, she likes to come in and close the pantry or the dishwasher door. She also likes to close the silverware drawer even if my hand is still in it! I guess OCD is genetic after all!
1 comment:
oh the first words are so precious. i have a couple door closers in the classroom, they can't leave unless the door is closed. too funny!
Post a Comment