Saturday, November 28, 2009

My First Turkey

This was my very first year to host Thanksgiving.  Y'all, I literally lost sleep over it!  I was absolutely terrified that I would end up with a turkey that more closely resembled the cutting floor of the lumber department of Home Depot than the moist delicious meat that it was supposed to be.  Fortunately, I had my mom (Mema) here to guide me step by step.

Here are my mom and I with the bird.  See how golden and delicious it looks?!  I was so excited and relieved!  We rounded out our turkey feast with mashed potatoes, cornbread dressing, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce and homemade rolls. For dessert, a traditional pumpkin pie.   It was YUMMY, in my humble, yet accurate opinion!  For my next big project:  baking a real pumpkin to make homemade pumpkin filling.  I'm definitely seeing some pumpkin bread in my near future.

3 comments:

Susy said...

Congrats, you're a grown up now! Check out www.pickyourown.org I used it to make punkin pie out of our fairytale punkin!

jk said...

Man, I wish I had bought it, and then gave it to you. And then..... you know what remark I would make? Don't you? Don't you? Oh it's just too punny.

Lauren said...

Looks delicious! You go girl :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails