I just put Cora down for her nap. It seems that she has outgrown the need for two naps now that she is a toddler. I thought I would be upset about this, but I'm actually pretty excited. She usually sleeps for almost 3 hours now, and this will make running errands and going to playdates so much easier. We won't have to try to squeeze things in between naps. However, when am I supposed to shower and get myself presentable?! I know the obvious answer is to get off my lazy bum and get up early. But, I love the fact that my alarm clock is now sweet baby girl's voice on the baby monitor when she wakes up. How do you go back to that annoying beep or even the radio after that? I suppose I will regularly resort to using that convenient bathroom playpen (garden tub) at least until she is big enough and clever enough to climb out of it!
2 comments:
I was always excited to move the kids from two naps down to one for exactly the reasons you stated...it makes it more convenient to get out for activities and errands! One suggestion: get a Johnny Jump-up and hang it up in your bathroom so Cora can have some jump time while you shower!
My little one looks like she is headed for the single nap route...I'm looking forward to being able to get more done!
Post a Comment