Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dreams

While I was pregnant, I had some of the strangest dreams. My friend Lauren told me to expect weird and wild dreams. However, I did not expect that the dreams would continue even after Cora arrived. Usually while pregnant, my dreams would consist of a bunch of non sequiturs strung together. Most of the time, they would have something to do with the people around me and the events that were taking place in my life. After having had Cora, my dreams usually consist of me feeling like there is something missing in my life and discovering that what's missing in my dream is John. (Awww!! How sweet!!!) Having taken one psychology course in college (and it being a child psychology course, to boot!), I have aptly determined that it must be my biggest fear that something will happen to him and I will be all alone. (Author emits a small whimper. She then breathes a sigh of relief that there is no WebPsychiatrist website.) Anywho. . .I had yet to have a dream involving Cora until the other night. It was very short and intense at the time, but incredibly funny upon waking up. Witness the events. . .

{ { { { { wavy dream sequence lines } } } } }

Hi, welcome to Denny's! Can I take your order?

Yes, I'll have a waffle.

Okay, I'll have that right out.

Subject looks around the booth and discovers that her daughter is not with her. . . Where is she?? Subject racks her brain to think of where she left little Cora. . . OMGoodness! She left Cora in her crib alone at home!!! What if there is a fire?? What if the roof collapses?? What if someone breaks into the house?? What if the gas is on?? What if the house floods?? What if a plane crashes into the house?? What if the house collapses into a sinkhole?? What if the neighborhood kids knock a baseball into her room that hits her?? Subject yells for the waitress. . .

Yes, ma'am? Do you need something?

Yeah, I'm gonna need my order to go.

{ { { { { wavy back to reality lines } } } } }

While I realize how terrible of a dream mom that I am choosing a waffle over my daughter's safety, what I'm really concerned about is that I didn't even dream myself into a nice restaurant!! Way to dream big!! I'm definitely going to need a Zagat guide or a subscription to Fine Living or something!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails