Then, we went to the anatomy scan. Yup, we're pretty certain that this little baby is in fact a....BOY! What a shock! Even John was a little bit taken aback. I think Cora had us both believing that we only make girls. We're pretty excited, though, about meeting this little man.
I will admit that I had a bit of a panic attack thinking about having a boy. My formative parenting years have been filled with girls. But, it recently occurred to me that this must be the same type feeling that John went through when we found out Cora was a girl. And, John is an amazing dad. That gives me great hope that I can rise up to the challenge of being a great mom to a boy. Thankfully, God gives me my children as babies so that I can grow into my role as a parent. I'm sure when little mr. Jackson (middle name tbd) gets here, these worries are going to seem so silly and unnecessary. Can't wait to find out!
2 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS! I had the same feelings finding out that my Jackson was a boy - I was convinced I was having twin girls. The relationship Jackson and I have is really special, and I think it's a definite Mama's boy thing. You will love it and I love that your Jackson will be kept in line by two older sisters.
Also, just saying, a boy for my any-day-now girl. Who is definitely going to Baylor because I'm lobbying now for them to bring back the strict dorm visitation hours. I have 18 years to work on it. Perfect! Congratulations again!
lol! Thanks for the awesome pep talk, Megan!! I was thinking the other day how confusing it's going to be at our future family reunions when our girls' husbands are both named Jackson! :D
Post a Comment