Monday, June 28, 2010

Beach Vacay

The week before last was VBS at our church.  I got to do Pre-K Bible story and music.  This basically means that I got to sing lots of songs and act goofy all week.  Of course, I loved it!  But, let me tell you, it was exhausting!  I don't know how I managed to teach full time and be pregnant.  So, come the weekend, I was ready for a vacation.  I taught a test prep class on Saturday morning, but afterwards, we headed for the coast.  John has a real soft spot for Port Aransas.  He's been going there since he was a kid.  Now that his generous great aunt has a condo there, we get to go become beach bums more often.

I was slightly apprehensive about how Cora would react.  The last time we went (almost 2 years ago), she (and we, by default) did not have a good time.  But, a lot changes can occur in that amount of time.  This trip, Cora was our little beach bum.  By the time we left on Friday, she was blonder, tanner, and practically a little mermaid.
Cora was a wee bit tentative at first.  She was a little unsure about the waves rolling in and out.  But, soon enough

she was submerged in the water.  You can probably tell there was a lot of seaweed this week.  It was mildly annoying, but in a strange way, I think the seaweed served to filter the water a bit.  The water was nice and clear and gorgeous!  Yiayia and Dado took to the clear water like fish!  Here they are way out in the surf.
The one thing Cora did not care for was the Coast Guard helicopter flying over the beach.  Here she is clinging to my leg and saying "Mommy, hold you! Hold you, Mommy!" over and over.  (And, yes, that is me rocking the maternity swimsuit over my already baby bump.  I like to be large and in charge while pregnant!)

(Don't judge. . .I'm not as pale as this picture makes me seem. . .bad lighting. . .yeah, that's the story!)  We can't wait to take the little beach bum back to the coast for another fun vacation.

4 comments:

Mema said...

I was a little tentative my first time at the beach, but I turned into a beach bum and love going to the "shore" every year while growing up. Glad Miss Cora liked the beach!

Susy said...

How fun! I can't wait to take Eli soon.

Gauger Family said...

How fun! She looks like she is having so much fun!!

Lauren said...

So glad y'all had a great time! We went to Port Aransas last year and loved it. Happy late birthday to Miss Cora!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails