Friday, March 27, 2009

9 Month Appointment

As usual, I was stuck in the grips of anxiety in the days prior to Cora's well check. Compounding my anxiety was the message board I stumbled upon where proud mommas were listing their children's vital stats. Though I knew that Cora would be nowhere near the size of the kids listed, my fears were cemented when I read a post from a woman whose pediatrician was worried about her son who is 9 months and weighs 16 pounds. UMM, yeah, there's no way Cora weighs 16 pounds! So, with much trepidation, I put her on the scale at the doctor's office. And, the grand total is. . . 13 pounds, 9 ounces and 25 1/4 inches. It's not ideal, but it is a gain of over one and a half pounds and one and a half inches since her last weight check. She is meeting all of the developmental milestones like crawling, vocalizing, and using the pincer grasp. And, more importantly, she looks proportional as far as her size and body shape. We will still be going back for our regular weight checks in addition to the normal baby maintenance, but Dr. Mitchell has pretty much come to the conclusion that Cora is just going to be tiny. Anxiety abated. . .for now, at least!

3 comments:

April said...

She is a precious tiny thing! Like you said she is developing normally and is growing... All that is good! PTL!

Mrs. Jenk said...

she is a smart little cookie so it is all okay!

Susy said...

Yay! I finally learned how to post comments on your blog! I have tried a few times and kept getting re-jected! We have our 2month appt next MOnday and I went back and read about Cora's! I feel a little more prepared!

Related Posts with Thumbnails