Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cora's Kidisms - Candy Edition

When I buy candy for Halloween, I buy the kind that I will not be tempted to eat.  Otherwise, I have a tendency to sneak a candy or 17 before the trick-or-treaters even get to the door.  Since we were in Virginia for Halloween (more on that trip to come), I didn't have to worry about having candy around.  I did, however, have to worry about scarfing Cora's candy.  Witness the conversation that took place while I rifled through her candy bucket on our drive back to Texas:

Me: Cora, do you want to eat some candy?
Cora: No, I don't want candy.  I want my apple slices.


I don't even know who this kid is or where she came from!

Now witness the conversation John, Cora and I had while discussing the sudden, ahem, drop in supply in Cora's candy bucket.  It seems that someone, ahem, was dipping into the supply while a certain three year old wasn't looking.

Me:  I noticed Cora ate a lot of C-A-N-D-Y today.
John: (sheepishly) Uh, yeah, that's who ate it. You know this is one of the only years we'll be able to sneak her C-A-N-D-Y.
Cora:  Mom, I need some K-E-Y-O-U-C!


I guess a certain little missy didn't want to be left out of the spelling fun.  Good thing she didn't know what we were spelling!

2 comments:

Evan B. said...

Hilarious! Ahem, "Evan" has been eating a lot of his Halloween candy too...

Mema said...

I hear that spelling in front of your kids teaches them to spell sooner! LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails