Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's Not Summer Until

You run through the sprinklers in just your skivvies.
(No, not me!)

(I realize that it's not really summer as far as the calendar is concerned, but in this part of Texas, summer starts around mid-March!)

Y'all, I have discovered the joys of a child who can entertain herself!  Lately, it has been beautiful outside.  So, I've been able to open up the back door and let Cora out to experience the freedom that a completely fenced in backyard can provide!  This is a lovely little arrangement until our sprinkler system decides to turn on. . .but, what is childhood if it is not running through the sprinklers in the summer?  Naturally, (pun intended) we just strip ourselves down and enjoy the fun!

Happy summer, y'all!

2 comments:

My Heart said...

Ok, here is wher I pout and whine a bit...ha ha ha just kidding (sort of). We still have skiftings of snow. In fact, Bug & I just had a snowball fight in the car the other day by grabbing handfuls of snow off the roof of the car... Lots of fun but I think I am leaning more to sprinklers and skivvies... (not mine!)

Mema said...

How does Cora feel about the sprinkler spraying her in the face. I remember a certain someone who was not pleased by that surprise! Yay for water fun in hot weather!

Related Posts with Thumbnails