My original plan was to make pancakes for the girls for breakfast. But, when I realized we had about a drop and a half of milk, that plan flew out the window. Instead, I loaded the big girls into the double stroller, strapped the wee babe into the sling, and trekked to HEB. John called right as I was getting everyone loaded up. Our conversation went something like this:
Me: I think I might be crazy. I have the double stroller and the sling.
John: You're going for a walk?
Me: I'm taking everyone to HEB.
John: Umm, what?!
I'm pretty sure I got a good workout out of it! I was pushing over 50 lbs of kids while I had a 12 pounder strapped across my midsection. I'm kind of surprised that I can even walk today! After a donut apiece for the girls and a couple of Buddy Bucks, I managed to drag my sadly out of shape self and the 60+ pounds of kids back to the house. It was then that I discovered it was absolutely necessary to deglaze the girls from their little donut snack, hah!
Some pictures of the girls minty fresh and clean running off some of that donut energy in the backyard.
I tried to get them to sit together and smile, but this is the best I could get.
Abby discovered one of Penny's bones and spent the next little while playing with it. It was a baby.
It was a shovel.
Clearly, the dog bone is the multitool of the toy world! Cora, meanwhile, amused herself with a rousing round of peek-a-boo from behind the tree.
Carys wanted to go outside, too. She decided to chillax in the swing.
She makes it look pretty comfy, huh!
After play time, we had some lunch (dino chicken and mac n cheese). It was then that the fun began again. Cora was desperately tired, so I got her ready for a nap. That's when Abby wandered in looking for a place to settle down. She chose the overstuffed chair. Both girls seemed to be super sleepy, and I was absolutely marveling at how I could have gotten so lucky to have both girls go to sleep. Little did I know that both would get a big second wind shortly! It was hilarious to watch them on the video monitor. I told them that they needed to stay put. So, Cora wound up standing in the windowsill with her dinos. Abby stood on the chair and got most of the books off of the bookshelf. Then, they would chatter with each other and laugh and laugh. I think it was a preview of what sleepovers are going to be like in a few years! They did both eventually go to sleep, and after a quick snack, it was time for Abby to go home. Cora, naturally, has been expecting Abby to come over every day now. We hope she can come again really soon!

4 comments:
What fun! I love playdates - especially those that go according to plan. Looks like the girls had a lot of fun! Those bone pics are priceless!
What a hoot! I'm glad it went so well and the girls had such a good time together, especially when they were supposed to be napping!
so glad you could help them out! Three is not so bad I had 6 kids one day! :)
Whoa baby! That is impressive! You go girls!
Post a Comment