Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ketchup

Last weekend, Cora's Yia Yia and Dado stopped by for a little visit.  Cora turned on the charm for them.  She is a bit of a performer, and she has never lacked for an audience.  While they were here, Dado taught her a new word ('ready' for when we play catch), and Yia Yia taught her to recognize the letter 'a'.  Awesome!

On Sunday morning, they took care of Cora while John and I went to church.  They took her to breakfast at Jack in the Box and were amazed that she ate so much.  She had a waffle before she left, and then polished off a grilled cheese sandwich, orange juice, and some fries.  Her metabolism is every woman's dream!  So, Sunday night she got to have the rest of the fries with some ketchup.  She was pretty ambivalent about the ketchup at first.  She was much more interested in the fries.
When she did finally try the ketchup, it was priceless!  She puckered up like she had eaten a lemon, gave a full body shudder and giggled.  So funny!
Did I get a picture of the scene?  Of course not!  You'll just have to believe me when I say it was adorably hilarious.  We tried barbecue sauce the next day, and she was not at all interested in that either.  I'm thinking she's just going to be a plain jane kind of eater which suits me!  Less clean up!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails