Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Big Game

Yesterday, Cora went to her first tailgate and football game. Some of our friends, the Hatleys, are part of a group that runs a big tailgate sponsored by the business school and now, the cheerleading squad. They have a neat old trailer that they have "Baylorized" with green and gold paint and much Bear paraphernalia. It's a bit rustic on the inside, but Lucky, as it's named, really sets he mood to get excited about Baylor sports. (Become a friend of Lucky, the Baylor Trailer on facebook.)

We got to the tailgate at about 11:30. At this point in the day, it is about 39 degrees outside and a little over 3 hours until the game starts. What were we thinking coming to a game with a 4 month old?! Thank you to Lucky for providing some much needed shelter from the wind. We bundled her up pretty good in what was as close to Baylor colors as we could find. Cora did not mind the tailgate, but she did not particularly enjoy the noise of the game. I spent the first half walking the concourse and shopping in the ridiculously over-priced spirit shop. (I did accomplish my mission of getting Baylor gear for Cora, though!) Cora fell asleep during the half-time show, and I got to watch the "Nationally famous fightin' Texas Aggie band." (It was actually the only thing I cared about seeing.) Then, there was more walking of the concourse. When it was over (Go BEARS!!), they allowed the fans onto the field. Cora got to put her potentially 5th generation Baylor woman feet down on the football field. I think she loved it! We were pretty cold and wind-swept at this point, but Cora was in a pretty good mood. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take her out on the field. (The headless entity behind me is the Hatley's oldest son Samuel.) John was a really good sport. Here we are. . . One (mostly) happy family!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm so glad Cora got to go to her first Baylor game :) Daniel and Aidan went and I heard it was COLD! What a great first Baylor game...sic 'em bears!
Lauren

Holly Renee said...

What a FUNNN day! :-) Cora looks pretty happy to be on that Baylor field! HMMMM??? Wonder if that means a future BEAR instead of an AGGIE....

jk said...

Only if she gets a full ride!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails